Academy Art Museum
The Academy Art Museum seeks an energetic, organized and charismatic Development Manager to forward our development and fundraising efforts. The individual will have experience managing development operations working with a talented staff and dedicated contractors. The Development Manager will be an outgoing, personable individual who builds confidence with a wide range of individuals. The position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong experience to assume leadership of a vibrant development program at an AAM-accredited art museum, with 50,000 annual visitors, 1,500 members, and a highly engaged donor and trustee community, recently nearing the completion of a $5 million capital campaign.
Summary: The Development Manager oversees all aspects of the museum’s development and fundraising operations and strategies. Areas of responsibility include annual giving, membership, donor database management, special events, donor relations and stewardship, communications, grants, planned giving and capital campaign. The Development Manager supervises up to two development staff, including the Audience Engagement Manager and the Development Coordinator, and coordinates with contract staff including PR Consultant and Grant Writer. The Development Manager reports to the Director, and is a full-time, exempt position. Salary: competitive compensation ($50Ks-60Ks commensurate with experience) with benefits including health plan, HSA, and SEP.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for annual fundraising including direct marketing strategies, solicitation schedules and the publication process.
- Research, identify and cultivate new and established philanthropic sources, including individuals, businesses, foundations, and government agencies.
- Plan and oversee individual giving societies and membership programs, including the Collection Society working with the Curatorial Department.
- Work closely with the Development Committee Chair and other trustees.
Donor Management and Donor Relations
- Develop, implement and lead a successful and integrated donor relations program.
- Regularly attend Museum events and programs to develop and cultivate positive professional relationships with donors, trustees, members and the public.
- Manage the Altru databases of donor and member records.
- Manage annual special events including the Spring Gala, the Annual Academy Art Museum Craft Show and Artful Adventures.
- Develop and implement other smaller fundraising events throughout the year (e.g., Academy Gatherings, Collection Society events, major donor cultivation events, Trustee Alumni Gatherings, Donors Circles).
- Manage and produce invitations to programs and events, press materials, the Museum website, social media and email communications, working closely with the Audience Engagement Manager, the PR Consultant and the design staff.
- Oversee and coordinate the Museum’s communications strategy and advertising plan working with department heads, the Audience Engagement Manager, the PR consultant, and using traditional and new media platforms.
- Produce and deliver Annual Report working with Director and design staff.
- Formulate and oversee a comprehensive plan to maintain and increase membership, working with the Audience Engagement Manager.
- Develop and implement strategies for successful grant applications working with Director and department heads; manage annual reporting for grants received.
- Develop and implement the Museum’s new planned giving society working closely with the Director and Development Committee.
- Coordinate with board and staff leadership in executing Campaign plan, tracking Campaign progress, and planning Campaign related events.
Please send your cover letter and CV to Patrick Murphy, Director of Finance at email@example.com. Writing sample and references requested. No calls please.