New Instructor: Bernie Dellario
2-Day Workshop: September 21 and 22
Saturday and Sunday – 10 am – 3:30 pm
Cost: $125 members, $150 Non-members
Click HERE to register.
Grab your gouache and travel! The flexibility of gouache makes it a perfect choice for the traveling artist. Just a few supplies easily stowed in a small backpack are always ready use when the artistic mood strikes. No set up….no mess… no hassle! Gouache is an opaque watercolor medium that allows the artist to work from dark to light which makes it a perfect addition to the oil painter’s artistic arsenal. Learn how to use this versatile medium as a means for creating preparatory field sketches or to produce fully realized paintings. Participants will have the opportunity to work from their own photos, still life set-ups or outdoors within close proximity to the Museum. In addition, there will be discussion on how to create your own personalized sketchbooks in order to document your travels in paint.
Download the Supply List: Dellario Supply List-Gouache Painting
Bernard Dellario earned a Bachelor’s degree from Kings College in Wilkes-Barre, PA and has studied art at the Art League School in Alexandria, VA. In addition, he has taken several workshops with national well-known painters. He has been a member of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters since 2003 and currently serves as President. He exhibits and has won numerous awards in the Washington, DC metro area.
September 21 - September 22, 2019
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
1. Gouache Paint Colors (Preferably Holbein but any good quality gouache will do. Be sure that is NOT gouache with acrylic in it)
a. Cadmium Red or Primary Red
b. Primary Magenta or Alizarin Crimson
c. Cadmium Yellow or Primary Yellow
d. Yellow Ochre
e. Ultramarine Blue
f. Cobalt Blue
g. Titanium White (Large Tube)
2. Brushes (Synthetic brushes for watercolor/acrylic. Such as Raphael Precision Short Handle) - Flat Size 12, Flat Size 6, Round Size 6 and Round Size 2
3. Disposable Paper Palette pad - 9x12 size
4. Watercolor paper, any good quality in pad or individual sheets, no larger than 11 x 14.
5. About a 16x20 size rigid board or foam core to hold palette and paper
6. Masking Tape
7. Pencil for sketching
8. Foldable Stool
9. Container to hold water for cleaning brushes
10. Small water spray bottle
Email email@example.com with any questions.