- This event has passed.
WORKSHOP: OIL PAINTING 101-BACK TO PAINTING BASICS
Instructor: Bernard Dellario
Three-Day Workshop: September 17, 18 and 19
Friday–Sunday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Cost: $210 Members, $260 Non-members
This class provides a solid foundation for the beginning painter or a refresher in basics for the intermediate painter. Through a series of assignments, the group will go over topics to emphasize the principles of color, value and composition. This is a great class to gain an introduction to the oil painting medium and gain confidence as a painter. Maximum of 12 students.
Bernie Dellario Workshop
- This class emphasizes using a limited palette, the basic palette of colors are:
- Alizarin Crimson or Quinacridone Magenta
- Cadmium Yellow Light (Or hansa yellow medium by gamblin)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Ivory Black
- Titanium White (Large Tube)
- Brushes-good quality hog bristle. I prefer “flat” style but feel free to use any brush you choose.
- Flat hog bristle size 12
- Flat hog bristle size 6
- Flat hog bristle size 2
- Canvas Pad size 9×12 and 12×16. You can also use canvas panels or cut up canvas from a roll.
- Palette knife
- Palette-any surface wood/acrylic or disposable paper palette pad
- Odorless solvent such as Gamsol
- Masking Tape
- Rigid support to hold your canvas sheet
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.