WORKSHOP: OIL PAINTING 101–BACK TO PAINTING BASICS
OIL PAINTING 101–BACK TO PAINTING BASICS
Instructor: Bernard Dellario
Three-Days: June 25, 26 and 27
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cost: $210 Members, $260 Non-members
This adult class provides a solid foundation for the beginning painter or a refresher in basics for the intermediate painter. Through a series of assignments, the group will go over topics to include a detailed explanation of oil painting supplies, materials and methods; how to expand your color sense by using a limited palette; using value plans as a method for deciding what to paint; color bocking to simplify shapes and approach your subject from the abstract; and proper paint application and manipulation. This is a great class to gain an introduction to the oil painting medium and gain experience to move forward as a confident painter.
Bernie Dellario Workshop
- This class emphasizes using a limited palette, the basic palette of colors are:
- Alizarin Crimson or Quinacridone Magenta
- Cadmium Yellow Light (Or hansa yellow medium by gamblin)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Ivory Black
- Titanium White (Large Tube)
- Brushes-good quality hog bristle. I prefer “flat” style but feel free to use any brush you choose.
- Flat hog bristle size 12
- Flat hog bristle size 6
- Flat hog bristle size 2
- Canvas Pad size 9×12 and 12×16. You can also use canvas panels or cut up canvas from a roll.
- Palette knife
- Palette-any surface wood/acrylic or disposable paper palette pad
- Odorless solvent such as Gamsol
- Masking Tape
- Construction Paper, a set with a good variety of colors, not the “neon” colors.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.