In 2018, the Museum will celebrate its 60th Anniversary! We are happy to announce the new dates for our Annual Members’ Exhibition at a central time period in the upcoming anniversary year. In conjunction with this milestone, we are suggesting the theme of “60” for our 2018 Members’ Exhibition. We invite our Members to get creative, imaginative, and experimental around the suggested “60” theme in any medium. Remember, it is a birthday celebration! Online submissions will be open from October 1 through November 1, 2018. (no max applications and no image upload required).
The new dates for the Annual Members’ Exhibition will coincide with Thanksgiving and the holidays, a time of family visits and holiday cheer, as well as many opportunities for art sales!
New York Artist Emily Lombardo will serve as Judge for the exhibition and present awards on Friday, November 16th.
Guidelines for Submission
• The non-refundable entry fee is $20, payable at online sign-up.
• Submissions are limited to one original work of art, completed in the last 12 months. It may not have been previously exhibited in the Museum.
• Please attach to the back of the artwork a label with your name, title of the artwork, medium, phone, and email address.
• For a list of accepted media please see Art-Definitions-Member-Exh-2018.
• Work must be delivered ready to install and may not be assembled on location. Members may use hanging wire or cleats only, no sawtooth hangers.
• 2-dimensional work may not exceed 40 inches in any direction; 3-dimensional work may not exceed 72 inches in height and 31 inches in width or depth and must be free-standing.
• Museum staff reserves the right to refuse work.
• The Museum charges 25% commission on art sales.
• Images of work may be used at the Museum’s discretion for PR purposes, etc.
• Museum membership must be current through January 2019.
• Artwork may not be removed before completion of the exhibition. A storage fee of $5 per day will be charged for tardy pickup. Work left beyond 2 weeks post-exhibition will be disposed of at the Museum’s discretion, unless other pick up arrangements have been made with the Curator.
• When in doubt, please contact Amana Beck, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 1 – November 1 – Online Registration (No max applications, no image upload required)
- November 12, 10 am – 4 pm – Drop off registered artwork
- November 13 – 15 – Installation
- November 16, 5:30 – 7 pm – Members’ Reception & Awards
- January 13, 2019 – Last day of exhibition
- January 14, 10 am – 4 pm – Pick up artwork
November 16, 2018 - January 13, 2019
November 16, 2018, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm