The Collection Society is a Curatorial Program that supports the activities and acquisitions of the Academy Art Museum. It brings together people with a personal commitment to strengthening the Museum’s collection. The CS provides a unique opportunity to become closely involved with the Museum’s Permanent Collection.
Through special programming and events, the CS builds relationships with the Museum’s director and curator and like-minded patrons in intimate, behind-the-scenes settings.
Membership dues will be used solely to acquire objects for the Museum’s permanent collection. Annual membership dues going forward are $750 for couples and $600 for individuals (tax-deductible). Museum membership is a prerequisite for joining the Collection Society. Benefits include:
- Dedicated events organized by director and curator, such as curator-led exhibition tours
- Behind-the-scenes private collection visits
- Insightful lectures and specialist talks
- Opportunities to socialize with visiting speakers and artists
- Occasions to gather and celebrate recent acquisitions to the collection.
Membership of CS runs on a seasonal schedule, with the majority of programming occurring from September through June. Programs are designed by the director and curator, and managed by the Curatorial Department, with dues and renewal support from the Development Department. For more info contact Mehves Lelic, Curator, at 410-822-2787 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.