PHOTOGRAPHY POLICY AND GUIDELINES
While personal photography is encouraged at the Museum, it must be conducted without disruption to Museum operations or visitors and with the safety of the art in mind.
Casual photography is permitted in the Academy Art Museum’s permanent collection galleries subject to the conditions below. Photography of special exhibitions or works on loan to the Museum is sometimes prohibited by lenders. Please ask the Gallery Attendant about photo policies for special exhibitions or works on loan.
- Take casual photos for personal use only.
- Use handheld cameras, cell phones, and tablets with the flash turned off.
- Post images from their visits on personal social media sites as long as they are not used for profit.
Visitors may NOT:
- Use tripods, lights, selfie sticks, or other external equipment.
- Sell or publish the images.
- Use the images to promote any outside product or service.
- Visitors must:
- Remain behind stanchions and maintain a safe, non-touching distance from all artwork, cases, platforms, and pedestals.
Respect other visitors enjoying the galleries.
The Academy Art Museum reserves the right to withhold or withdraw permission to photograph on the premises. Academy Art Museum Museum staff have the authority to approach and verify the intent of photography and to enforce the Photography Policy.
Members of the media must make arrangements for all photo and video shoots in advance. To coordinate a shoot, please contact Amy Steward at (410)820-0436 or email@example.com.
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM SHOOTS
Photography and film shoots for commercial purposes (advertising, TV/film, etc.) must be approved and scheduled in advance. To schedule a shoot please call (410) 822-2787.
The Academy Art Museum may photograph or video visitors for educational and
promotional purposes. Attendance on Academy Art Museum premises constitutes implied consent for the use of visitors’ likenesses in the museum’s promotional materials.
Personal photographs may not be published, sold, or otherwise distributed for commercial purposes.
The Academy Art Museum reserves the right to withhold or withdraw permission to photograph on the premises. Academy Art Museum staff have the authority to approach and verify the intent of photography and to enforce the Photography Policy.
Questions? Please call (410)822-2787.
FOOD & DRINKS
Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries.